Welcome to the Transformative Innovation Policy Consortium (TIPC) — where systems thinking unlocks innovation for a sustainable future.
TIPC members and partners drive innovation for a sustainable future by spearheading a holistic and integrated approach to policymaking. We harness the power of systems thinking, recognising that innovation is a complex interplay of actors, components, and contexts within ecosystems. Our consortium brings together policymakers, communicators, researchers, and visionaries to revolutionise the way innovation policy is approached.
THE TRANSFORMATIVE INNOVATION POLICY CONSORTIUM...
- Was initiated in 2016 as a global network with members and partners contributing from across the world, including China, Colombia, Ghana, Finland, Kenya, Mexico, Norway, Panama, Senegal, South Africa and Sweden.
- Is built on core pillars of research, experimentation and learning about the enactment of policies for transformative system change in diverse contexts.
- Has led to the emergence of regional Hubs in Africa and Latin America and a thriving global Knowledge Community.
- Is coordinated by the Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU) at the University of Sussex Business School in partnership with the Joint Research Centre of the Spanish National Research Council and the Polytechnic University of Valencia (INGENIO CSIC-UPV) and the Utrecht University Centre for Global Challenges (UGlobe).
- Has translated the learning journey of members and partners into curated tools, actions and learnings in the TIP Resource Lab.